May 26, 2009

Guacamole

This is an easy one- I took the recipe off the back of the seasoning packet and added a twist. I do have to say that my Mom actually made this batch as I watched and chatted with her, but I make this all the time.

Ingredients:
Avocados- 2 per packet of seasoning
Tomatoes
Onions
Cilantro- Fresh
Lime juice
Packet of Guacamole seasoning

Cut open the avocados and scoop the middles out into a bowl, mash up a bit. I find a potato masher works wells. Now, the following items are optional, I add them if I have them- if not- it still tastes just as tasty without them. Chop up tomato and onion into small pieces and add as many as you would like. Cut up the fresh cilantro- I now add this to it EVERY time- to me, it is an essential item, it really gives it a good flavor. Mix this up with the avocado a bit more, then toss in the packet of seasoning- stand back when you pour it in, it is pretty strong stuff. Mix well. Add two cap fulls of lime juice, to prevent browning and gives it a nice taste. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

To store guacamole- put it in a dish and even if you use a Tupperware it is crucial that you put plastic wrap over the dish and push it down on top of the guacamole so there is no air getting to it, this will also help prevent browning. Note: guacamole is meant to be eaten right away, this is not something you can make a few days in advance.

You can buy the package of seasoning at any grocery store, you can find it in the produce department. This is mild, but we also enjoy Extra Spicy.


ENJOY!!!

(Even though this picture looks gross it is OH SO GOOD!!!)

No comments: