May 26, 2009

Fried Zucchini

This is a collaboration of several recipes I found online and then of course, added my own twist!

Ingredients:

Zucchini
Flour
Egg
Lemon Pepper
Garlic salt/powder
Season Salt
Oil

First start off by peeling and slicing your zucchini


Then fill a little bowl with flour and another with egg, I find I start off with 2 eggs and then add another as I need to.


In the flour mix in the lemon pepper and garlic salt/powder. This is my first recipe. The second recipe I just mix season salt in the flour. I don't measure- so I just toss in some, mix it in the flour, and add more as I see fit. I find that I like to be able to look at the flour and be able to see the seasoning in it.

Then you take the zucchini and dip it in the flour, then into the egg and then back into the flour and coat well. I do half the zucchini in the Lemon Pepper mix and the other half in the Season salt. Then lay it on a plate and let them sit for at least 15 minutes, this allows for the flour and egg to set up.


After that has set up I pour in some oil into a fry pan- enough to cover up to the sides of the zucchini. Once that is hot I start putting in the zucchini. 3 minutes on each side. It seems as I go along- the first batch might need closer to 4 minutes on each side and the last batch is closer to 2 minutes on each side since the oil keeps getting hotter.


Then set on a paper towel when you take them out to soak up any extra oil. Then put them on your serving plate. We enjoy them with ranch for dipping.


A little time consuming with the dipping but they taste really yummy. Miley even enjoys them!! But then again, she loves anything she can dip!! I plan on trying fried pickles with this same type of recipe next, maybe I'll try a ranch or dill seasoning mixed in the flour... Humm... maybe I'll attempt that this weekend...

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Grandpa and Grandma said...

I bet that recipe would work for fried eggplant, too!