Jul 7, 2009

Sandwich Salad

Here is the salad that I dreamed up one night that I made for the 4th of July, it is really refreshing.

Ingredients:
1 box of Pasta Shells
1 package of Diced Ham
1 container Cherry Tomatoes
Chunked Cheese (I took a cube and cut it into chunks)
1 container Sprouts
Baby Dill Pickles- about 20
2 Dried Ranch packet seasoning
To make the Ranch packet you will need 2 cups of milk and 2 cups of light miracle whip
**As you can see all of the ingredients are items you would find in a sandwich**

Cook your pasta shells as directed.

I put my shells in the fridge to cool and got another bowl to mix together the add-ins together.
Toss in the Ham and cherry tomatoes


Cut your cheese into chunks and add to bowl


Chop up the sprouts and add to bowl


Cut the pickles in half the short way (we call it the hamburger way not the hot dog way) and add to bowl and mix all of the ingredients together.


In a separate bowl add the 2 cups of milk and 2 cups of Light Miracle Whip and 2 packets of Ranch seasoning and mix well with a whisk.


Then toss all of your add-ins in with the pasta and mix well, then top with the dressing. I found it best to add in half of both the add-ins and dressing at first and mix well, then add the other half. Then chill over night to let the flavors mix and Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Jodi Duden-Clare said...

I'm waiting for more easy supper recipes. I have one for you...tonight I sent Dean to Dairy Queen to get us supper! LOL!!