Jun 23, 2010

Carmelized Ham and Cheese with a Veggie Side Dish

Caramelized Ham and Cheese Sandwiches



I have had this before at a baby shower and came across the recipe so I had to try making them for myself, they are delicious!

  •  Hawaiian Rolls- we chose the wheat ones
  •  Ham
  •  Swiss Cheese
  •  1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
  •  2 tbsp Minced Onion
  •  1 Stick of butter (1/2 cup)
 

 Preheat your oven to 350. Slice the rolls and cut your ham and cheese so it will fit nicely on your roll. I did an alternating stack of meat and cheese and meat and cheese. Place the sandwiches into a cake pan. Melt together the butter, minced onion and Dijon mustard. Brush the melted mixture heavily all over the sandwiches, make sure you use all of the mixture. I brushed a majority of it on the top and them poured the remaining mixture all over so that it covered the bottom of the pan too. Bake for 10-15 minutes, keep a close eye on it so the tops of your sandwiches don’t burn. Let sit for 3 minutes to cool and to allow the sauce to harden slightly to give the sandwich that caramelized texture.

 

 

 
Veggie Side Dish

I cut up veggies a lot and sauté them in a pan but this is the first time I used Greek dressing as my oil and I will now never do anything different! Delicious with little effort!

  • Zucchini sliced
  • Yellow squash sliced
  • Red potato sliced into bite size pieces
  • ¼ cup of Kraft Greek Vinaigrette Salad Dressing W/ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Pinch of salt and pepper

Mix all of the ingredients together and sauté in a pan until cooked, you could also make a foil packet and cook on the grill.

 

Yummy Dinner!


No comments: